|【英語タイトル】United States Digital Signage Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)|
The United States Digital Signage Market was valued at USD 7,566.7 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 11,449.62 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 10.7%, during the period of 2021-2026. The digital signages are gaining popularity in the United States due to the recent technological advancement in the display, connectivity, and monitoring space. Furthermore, the increasing adoption has also resulted in prices of display panels coming down significantly.
- The signages have played an important factor in influencing the purchase decision in the US, and institutions like the Government, Healthcare, Public transit, and retail stores are now heavily relying on digital signages to better engage their targeted audiences to communicate their message.
- The study by Convenience Store News IN 2019, found that 27% and 25% of their audience were either influenced by banners or promotional signage, while the study by Homeworld found that more than 40% of their respondents were influenced by an instore element like Signage and other in-house elements.
- One of the significant applications of digital signage has been in the advertising space, due to which there has been an increased demand for Digital Out-Of-Home (DOOH) advertising in the US. Several initiatives by local associations bring together delegates for collaboration through networking events and experiential exhibits.
- Moreover, due to the country’s high penetration and adoption of technology, technology giants, like Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics, have been investing significantly in digital signage. For instance, recently, Samsung launched The Wall, an innovative display solution optimized for effective communication and collaboration across a variety of applications. Apple Inc., on the other hand, has been looking at converting its set-top box to operate as digital signage through its management APIs and cloud-based software for retail installations. These innovations are going to play a key role in the development of the market in the future.
Key Market Trends
OLED Displays to Grow Significantly
- OLED technology holds the promise of significantly enhanced picture quality, with the potential for innovative new consumer display presentations. It is often hailed as the future of digital displays and screens.
- OLED is the only technology that overcomes the limitations of conventional displays because it offers enhanced reality combined with dynamic form. OLED provides superior light and color expression because it is based on self-emitting light sources. Its flexibility and transparent nature are the results of the development of innovative OLED materials.
- As OLED displays lack the backlight, they perform extremely well in terms of contrast (offering, essentially, an “infinite” contrast ratio). OLED displays feature the true black background, something that LCD displays cannot match.
- The application of OLED in digital signage for indoor branding and experiential media is increasing rapidly, driven by energy-efficient, lightweight, and superior media presentations.
Retail Sector to Exhibit Maximum Adoption
- In order to leverage advanced signage technologies, the retail players are integrating the digital tools at their disposal to share relevant and profitable content at their premises and integrate digital ads into their retail stores, in order to create a distinct in-store user experience. For instance, NEC Corp. developed a new series of large-format UHD displays that support both short and long-distance viewing through a high level of detail and huge screen sizes.
- Moreover, retailers are striving to update the user-interactive screens in real-time to reflect the current trends, in terms of in-store age or gender demographics, in order to promote specific items or remove sold-out products from the screen.
- According to Scala Digital Signage, 74% of the US retailers consider that developing a more engaging in-store customer experience is critical, and out of that, 42% of the sales are expected to come from online, mobile, and social commerce sites, in the next five years.
- The Point-Of-Purchase (POP) digital signage’s and backlit displays are reducing the time spent with the customer, by communicating through these printed signage boards on the details of product location or product information, which is easing the retail business operations.
- According to a Popspot report, POP displays prove to be 2.5 times effective at creating an emotional response than static images are. Prominent digital signage software platforms have extensible APIs that help in supporting the integration of other data streams.
The United States Digital Signage Market is moderately consolidated with many major players in the United States providing the solution. The market players are viewing product innovation as a lucrative path towards expanding their market share. Hence, the new players, as well as the existing players, are significantly investing in their R&D capabilities and launching new products or making product developments to capture the maximum market share.
- November 2019 – BrightSign announced the release of BrightVoice, the company’s voice-activated digital signage solution that enables a hands-free interactive experience. BrightVoice allows audiences to interact verbally with digital signage using wake words followed by natural voice commands that trigger playback of on-screen content, music, lighting and other devices.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Evolution of Turnkey Solutions
4.2.2 Trends Favoring the Growth of Context-aware Advertising as Opposed to Conventional Modes of Advertising
4.2.3 Steady Increase in DOOH Spending in the United States to Continue to Supplement Market Growth
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Concerns Over Invasion of Customer Privacy
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Distribution Channel Analysis
4.7 Technology Snapshot
4.7.1 Evolution of Digital Signage Solutions in the United Sates
4.7.2 Key Technological Trends Expected to Drive Adoption – Video Walls, 4K and 8K Displays, Deep Integration of POS Systems and Social Media
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
220.127.116.11 LCD/LED Display
18.104.22.168 OLED Display
22.214.171.124 Media Players
126.96.36.199 Projectors/Projection Screens
188.8.131.52 Other Hardware
5.2 By End-user Vertical
5.2.7 Other End-user Verticals
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 NEC Display Solutions Ltd.
6.1.2 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
6.1.3 LG Display Co. Ltd.
6.1.4 Panasonic Corporation
6.1.5 Sony Corporation
6.1.6 Sharp Corporation
6.1.7 Planar Systems Inc.
6.1.8 Hitachi Ltd.
6.1.9 Barco NV
6.1.11 Cisco Systems Inc.
6.2 Analysis of the Key Digital Signage Software Vendors
6.3 Vendor Positioning Analysis
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS