|【英語タイトル】Ultra-Pure Water Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020-2025)|
The market for ultra-pure water is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 5% globally during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are growing demand from semiconductor industry and increasing application in pharmaceutical industry. On the flip side, high consumption of water for purification is expected to hinder the growth of market.
- Ultra-Pure Water market is expected to grow during the forecast period owing to increasing application in semiconductor industry across the globe.
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption from the countries such as India, China, Japan
Key Market Trends
Increasing Application in Semiconductor Industry
- Ultra-pure water can be regarded as an industrial solvent. It is purified to the most stringent of standards for all contaminant types, including organic and inorganic compounds, dissolved and particulate matter, and dissolved gases.
- The semiconductor industry, one of the world’s largest in terms of added value, is a business which demand utmost purity of water. A single 8-inch silicon wafer, the basis for about 100 chips, can require up to 7,500 liters of water to produce among which about two-thirds has to be ultra-pure water.
- Semiconductor plants use ultra-pure water as a cleaning agent, so it is important that the water should not contain dissolved contaminants that can precipitate or particles that may lodge on circuits and cause microchip failures.
- The Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) announced that worldwide sales of semiconductors reached USD 36.6 billion for the month of October 2019, an increase of 2.9% from the sales witnessed in September 2019 (USD 35.6 billion).
- According to WSTS, IT is estimated that the annual global sales was estimated to decrease by about 12.1% in 2019. However, the semiconductor sales is estimated to witness growth of about 5.4% in 2020. This is expected to increase the scope for the growth of market.
- Hence, owing to the growing applications in semiconductor industry especially in Asia-Pacific and North American regions, the demand for ultra-pure water is expected to increase over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for ultra-pure water during the forecast period. Due to the high demand application from countries like China, India and Japan the market for ultra-pure water has been increasing.
- The largest producers of ultra-pure water are located in Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of ultra-pure water are Organo Corporation, DuPont, Veolia, Pall Corporation, Pentair plc.
- Apart from semiconductor industry, ultra-pure water is also used in pharmaceutical industry, power generation in boilers and other industries where it has wide range of applications.
- Chinese pharmaceutical industry which is valued at about ~USD 145 billion currently, represents the biggest emerging market with growth tipped to reach about ~USD 200 billion by 2022, thus increasing the scope of the market.
- The Chinese government has introduced “Made in China 2025” policy to increase the nation’s self-sufficiency in integrated circuits production to 40% in 2020 and 70% by 2025.
- Taiwan’s semiconductor equipment purchase grew by 34% in 2019 reaching USD 3.9 billion making it one of the leading countries for the market in the region.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for ultra-pure water market during the forecast period.
The global ultra-pure water market is partially fragmented with players accounting for a marginal share of the market. Few companies include DuPont, Veolia, Pall Corporation, Pentair plc, SUEZ.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand from Semiconductor Industry
4.1.2 Increasing Application in Pharmaceutical Industry
4.2.1 High Consumption of Water for Purification
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.3 Power Generation
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 APPLIED MEMBRANES, INC
6.4.2 Calgon Carbon Corporation
6.4.4 Komal Water Industries
6.4.6 Organo Corporation
6.4.7 Pall Corporation
6.4.8 Pentair plc
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing the Purification Process Efficiency
- APPLIED MEMBRANES, INC
- Calgon Carbon Corporation
- Komal Water Industries
- Organo Corporation
- Pall Corporation
- Pentair plc