|【英語タイトル】Tilt Sensor Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)|
The tilt sensor market is expected to register a CAGR of 8.5% over the forecast period (2021 – 2026) As the importance and requirement of horizontal as well as vertical alignment is increasing for reliable operation of plants and machinery, the application of tilt sensors for angular position detection or leveling of mobile machinery is growing as they measure the angle of the respective object in relation to gravity.
- The development in the MEMS technology in the sensors market along with the miniaturization, the adoption level has increased over the years for tilt sensors. The demand for tilt sensors has widened for application across the fields including, aerospace, automotive, telecommunication as well gaming application has gained the traction recently.
- Though the cross border investments has diluted recenlty due to global economic slow down, the real estate industry and architechtural investements by the governements is fueling the growth in the construction business driving the demand for construction euipment and application of precission sensors like tilt sensors in industry has widened.
- However, in complement to due increasing demand for MEMS bases tilt or inclination sensors, the adoption of tilt sensors based on force balance principle has limited due to its high cost. This is one of the factor impacting the market growth to an extent.
Key Market Trends
Demand from Automotive and Transportation Segment to Grow Significantly.
- The application of tilt or inclination sensors is increasing in the automotive. These are being used along with gyroscopes primarily for improving safety for the passengers and towards improving the vehicle efficiency. The application of tilt sensor in the automotive are used various application including, electronic parking brake, roll over detection, electronic stability control, idle stop-start, among other.
- Additionally, with the increasing investments by the automotive companies for automation in the vehicles, the application has more widened for ADAS & intertial navigation, hill-start assistance, and dynamic headlight leveling. For instance, Mercedes has developed self-leveling headlights to adapt with the inclination turns on the road. For the same, the company has deployed tilt sensors for this automation.
- Moreover, the automotive industry is moving with its step towards the development of autonomous vehicles. The production and adoption rate of these vehicles has witnessed rapid growth in recent years. For instance, in March 2019, BMW has started its new plant for manufacturing autonomous electric cars. UBS has also stated that the revenue from AV production and sales is expected to reach USD 243 billion by 2030.
- More investments and expansion plans in these developments are expected to continue in the forecast period, which is estimated to drive the demand for tilt sensors in the industry.
Asia Pacific Region is Expected to Hold the Largest Market Share
- The tilt sensor market in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market due to significant increase in the investments for the development of infrastructure, aerospace and defense, and telecom industry along with the presence of strong semiconductor market in the region especially driven by China, Japan, and South Korea.
- Additionally, India is one of the major economies which is driving the demand in the region. The country’s power and cement industries are expected to aid the metals and mining sector; the country is also observing an increase in demand for iron and steel. The demand is expected to drive the market for construction and mining equipment resulting in growth in the demand for precision sensors like tilt sensors.
According to IBEF, India produces 95 minerals, 4 fuel-related, 10 metallic minerals, 23 non-metallic minerals, 3 atomic minerals, and 55 minor minerals. The country is the third-largest producer of coal and fourth in Iron ore. Owing to these factors, the country is amongst one of the largest mining equipment markets.
- Moreover, the governments of the countries are also extensively investing in aerospace and defense activities. According to SIPRI, the military spending in 2018 by India and China accounted for 2.4% and 1.9% of its GDP.
The market for tilt sensors is moderately fragmented because of the presence of many major companies in the market offering the products. These companies are continuously investing in making strategic partnerships and product developments to gain more market share. Some of the recent developments by the companies are listed below.
- May 2019- Pepperl+Fuchs Vertrieb GmbH & Co. Kg introduced its latest high-precision inclination sensor F199. It is designed with a rugged design and is capable of measuring angles from 0 to 360° with less than 0.01° resolution and absolute accuracy of ±0.15° across the entire measuring range.
- April 2019- TE Connectivity announced to sign a definitive agreement to acquire the Kissling group of companies (Kissling or Kissling Group), a provider of high- power relays and ruggedized switches used in the commercial vehicle, transportation, industrial, military and aviation industries as well as other applications.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Demand for MEMS Technology based Tilt Sensors
4.2.2 Rising Demand for Construction Equipment
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 High Cost of Tilt Sensors Based on Force Balance Technology
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Housing Material Type
5.2 By Technology
5.2.1 Force Balance
5.2.3 Fluid Filled
5.3 By End-user Vertical
5.3.1 Mining & Construction
5.3.2 Aerospace & Defense
5.3.3 Automotive & Transportation
5.3.5 Other End-user Verticals
5.4.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Rest of the World
188.8.131.52 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Middle-East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 TE Connectivity
6.1.2 Sick AG
6.1.3 Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
6.1.4 Pepperl+Fuchs Vertrieb GmbH & Co. Kg
6.1.5 Level Developments Ltd
6.1.6 IFM Electronic GmbH
6.1.7 Balluff GmbH
6.1.8 Jewell Instruments LLC
6.1.9 The Fredericks Company
6.1.10 DIS Sensors Bv
6.1.11 MEMSIC, Inc
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS