◆英語タイトル：Myanmar: Liberalized Market and Investment in 3G and 4G to Drive Future Telecom Growth
※弊社H&Iグローバルリサーチ株式会社はPyramid Research社の日本における正規販売代理店です。Pyramid Research社の概要及び新刊レポートはこちらでご確認いただけます。
In 2015, Myanmar will be the third-fastest growing telecom services market in the world, with estimated revenue of US$2.39bn or 5.5% of GDP, a 72.8% increase on the previous year. Mobile data was the most important growth driver, generating $0.50bn more revenue in 2015 than in 2014. Mobile service revenue will continue to witness a stable growth rate (CAGR of 6.6%) over the forecast period, mainly driven by the increased 3G adoption and LTE development. Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a 6.3% CAGR from 2015 to 2020. The fixed/mobile revenue split will be inclined toward mobile, which will account for an estimated 92% of overall service revenue in 2015. Ongoing investment and operator initiatives to enhance data services will be key drivers for growth of data services, enabling them to account for 94% of total telecom service revenue in 2020.
- Myanmar will be the third-fastest growing telecom services market in the world, with estimated revenue of $2.39bn or 5.5% of GDP.
- The top two operators – MPT, which provides fixed mobile and IPTV services, and Telenor Myanmar, a mobile operator – will account for 84% of overall service revenue in 2015. Operators are taking the initiative to provide cheaper and faster data services. They all have invested heavily in infrastructure, such as towers, to increase population coverage.
- Fixed access lines in Myanmar increased by 4.5% year-over-year to reach 0.7m in 2015 and is further expected to reach 0.88m by year-end 2020. Fixed access lines growth will be mild due to low-income levels and a rural population, making mobile voice and broadband more viable solutions for much of the country.
- Operators should seize opportunities from 3G and LTE development. Vendors should position themselves to support operators’ 4G service rollouts and network expansion plans. Handset vendors should focus on low-cost smart devices as mobile data use increases.
“Myanmar: Liberalized Market and Investment in 3G and 4G to Drive Future Telecom Growth” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Myanmar today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Myanmar’s telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Myanmar compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Myanmar.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In- services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Myanmar’s telecommunications markets.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of Myanmar’s telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Myanmar’s mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer’s demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the Myanmar telecom market.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Myanmar.
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Overall market opportunities
Myanmar telecom market size and growth prospects in a regional context, 2015E
Regulatory structure and policy
Myanmar communications market revenue , 2013-2020
Segment revenue CAGRs, 2015-2020
Segment revenues 2013-2020
Service revenue mix: voice, data and video, 2015, 2020
Service revenue mix: fixed and mobile, 2015, 2020
Service revenue by operator, 2015
Key telecom market players
Major telecommunications market players
Mobile subscriptions and penetration, 2013-2020
Key mobile market indicators, 2015
Mobile data revenue mix, 2015, 2020
Total mobile ARPS; data percentage of total mobile ARPS, 2013-2020
Mobile market shares by subscriptions, 2013-2020
Mobile subscriptions by technology family, 2013-2020
Fixed-line penetration of population, 2013-2020
Key fixed market indicators, 2015
Fixed voice revenue, 2013-2020
Internet revenue, 2013-2020
Fixed market shares by service, 2015
Fixed access lines by technology, 2015, 2020
Opportunities in the Myanmar telecommunications market