◆英語タイトル：Equatorial Guinea: Telecom Market's Potential Curbed by Government Involvement, Limited Competition
‘Equatorial Guinea: Telecom Market’s Potential Curbed by Government Involvement, Limited Competition,’ a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Equatorial Guinea’s mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Equatorial Guinea market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- In 2014, Equatorial Guinea’s telecom market generated an estimated US$85m in total service revenue, a 12.0% increase over the previous year. Mobile voice remains the most significant revenue segment, accounting for 59.3% of total revenue in 2014. We expect mobile data revenue to expand at a CAGR of 27.0% to reach $23m by 2019.
- The incumbent, Getesa-Orange, dominates the telecom market in the country, offering both mobile and fixed services. In terms of mobile subscriptions, the operator has a share of around 80% in 2014. In regard to revenue, the operator also commands a share of more than 80%. Other operators Muni and Gecomsa have struggled to make a significant impact in the telecom market since launch.
- Over the next five years, operators will seize opportunities in the data services segment, largely through diversifying their service portfolio with more granular voice and data bundles, and potentially launching new services such as mobile money, mobile health and social media bundles. These have proven popular among market-leading operators in other regional markets. Vendors have an opportunity to support operators in monetizing such services and ensuring networks can handle the growing data traffic expectations.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Equatorial Guinea today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Equatorial Guinea’s telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Equatorial Guinea compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Equatorial Guinea.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2019.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Equatorial Guinea’s telecommunications.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Equatorial Guinea’s telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Equatorial Guinea’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Equatorial Guinea’s telecommunications market.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Equatorial Guinea.
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Overall market opportunities
Equatorial Guinea telecom market size and growth prospects in a regional context, 2014
Regulatory structure and policy
Major telecommunications policy issues
Equatorial Guinea communications market revenue by segment, 2012-2019
Segment revenue CAGRs, 2014-2019
Segment revenues 2012-2019
Service revenue mix: voice, data and video, 2014, 2019
Service revenue mix: fixed and mobile, 2014, 2019
Service revenue by operator, 2014
Key telecom market players
Major telecommunications market players
Mobile subscriptions and penetration, 2012-2019
Key mobile market indicators, 2014
Total mobile ARPS; data percentage of total mobile ARPS, 2012-2019
Mobile data revenue mix, 2014, 2019
Mobile market shares by subscriptions, 2012-2019
Mobile subscriptions by technology family, 2013-2019
Fixed-line penetration of population, 2012-2019
Key fixed market indicators, 2014
Fixed voice revenue, 2012-2019
Internet revenue, 2012-2019
Opportunities in the Equatorial Guinea telecommunications market