◆英語タイトル：Ireland: Heavy Investment in Network Infrastructure Will Help Telecom Services Market Recover in 2016-2020
‘Ireland: Heavy Investment in Network Infrastructure Will Help Telecom Services Market Recover in 2016-2020′ a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Ireland’s mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Irish market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- In 2014, Ireland’s telecom services market generated US$3.3bn in service revenue, or 1.3% of GDP, making Ireland one of the smallest markets in Western Europe (WE). We expect to see overall service revenue grow at a 4.3% CAGR from 2015 to 2020 to $3.2bn.
- Competition in the Irish telecom market has intensified in the past three years as a result of the reorganization of the sector following the economic crisis. In June 2014, 3 Ireland acquired O2 Ireland for $885.7bn (€850.0m), becoming the country’s leading mobile phone operator both in terms of subscriptions and revenue. UPC has announced plans to offer mobile voice and data services in 2015 in association with 3 Ireland. This will allow the cable operator to launch quad-play service bundles across the country.
- The increasing uptake of LTE and NGA networks across the country will create an opportunity for operators to offer new value-added services and media content. Bundling these services in an innovative way will be key to competing effectively in the market, particularly as quad-play service bundles become more widely available. Moreover, with data traffic growing rapidly, investments in NGN networks will continue to present opportunities for vendors in the 2G, 3G and 4G/LTE and NGA (VDSL, cable and FTTx) segments.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Ireland today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Ireland’s telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Ireland compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Ireland.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and IPTV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/IPTV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2015 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and IPTV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Ireland’s telecommunications market.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Ireland’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Ireland’s mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Ireland’s telecommunications market.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Ireland.
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Overall market opportunities
Ireland telecom market size and growth prospects in a region context, 2014 5
Regulatory structure and policy
Major telecommunications policy issues
Ireland communications market revenue by segment, 2013-2020
Segment revenue CAGRs, 2015-2020
Segment revenues 2013-2020
Service revenue mix: voice, data and video, 2015, 2020
Service revenue mix: fixed and mobile, 2015, 2020
Service revenue by operator, 2015
Key telecom market players
Major telecommunications market players
Mobile subscriptions and penetration, 2013-2020
Key mobile market indicators, 2015
Mobile data revenue mix, 2015, 2020
Total mobile ARPS; data percentage of total mobile ARPS, 2013-2020
Mobile market shares by subscriptions, 2013-2020
Mobile subscriptions by technology family, 2013-2020
Fixed-line penetration of population, 2013-2020
Key fixed market indicators, 2015
Fixed voice revenue, 2013-2020
Internet revenue, 2013-2020
Fixed market shares by service, 2015
Fixed access lines by technology, 2015, 2020
Opportunities in the Irish telecommunications market