|【英語タイトル】Residential Construction in Japan|
Residential Construction in Japan
Residential Construction in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The residential construction market is defined as the value of work put in place annually for residential buildings. This includes apartments and apartment blocks, houses, and similar buildings, but not hotels and other forms of commercial, temporary accommodation, and includes both single- and multi-family housing. Market value is defined in general as the total value of construction activity in any given time period, including costs related to construction materials, equipment and services, new construction, refurbishment, repair and maintenance and demolition. It is synonymous with measures such as construction value put in place or value of construction work done.
- The Japanese residential construction market had total revenues of $174.4bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.5% between 2015 and 2019.
- Japan’s rapidly aging population, which has the potential to cause even worse decline that has been seen in the residential construction market, has been balanced out by equally rapid urbanization.
- Delays to projects and reduced appetite from homebuyers will result in severe decline in 2020.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the residential construction market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the residential construction market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key residential construction market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan residential construction market with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the Japan residential construction market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the Japan residential construction market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan residential construction market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Japan’s residential construction market?
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Geography segmentation
1.4. Market rivalry
1.5. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Which leading players were particularly notable in 2019?
7.2. What is keeping new entrants out of the competition?
7.3. Which companies were behind the biggest residential construction projects in 2019?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.
8.2. Obayashi Corp
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List of Tables
Table 1: Japan residential construction sector value: $ billion, 2015-19
Table 2: Japan residential construction sector geography segmentation: $ billion, 2019
Table 3: Japan residential construction sector value forecast: $ billion, 2019-24
Table 4: Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.: key facts
Table 5: Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.: Key Employees
Table 6: Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.: Key Employees Continued
Table 7: Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.: Key Employees Continued
Table 8: Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.: Key Employees Continued
Table 9: Obayashi Corp: key facts
Table 10: Obayashi Corp: Key Employees
Table 11: Obayashi Corp: Key Employees Continued
Table 12: Obayashi Corp: Key Employees Continued
Table 13: Obayashi Corp: Key Employees Continued
Table 14: Japan size of population (million), 2015-19
Table 15: Japan gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015-19
Table 16: Japan gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015-19
Table 17: Japan inflation, 2015-19
Table 18: Japan consumer price index (absolute), 2015-19
Table 19: Japan exchange rate, 2015-19
List of Figures
Figure 1: Japan residential construction sector value: $ billion, 2015-19
Figure 2: Japan residential construction sector geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 3: Japan residential construction sector value forecast: $ billion, 2019-24
Figure 4: Forces driving competition in the residential construction sector in Japan, 2019
Figure 5: Drivers of buyer power in the residential construction sector in Japan, 2019
Figure 6: Drivers of supplier power in the residential construction sector in Japan, 2019
Figure 7: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the residential construction sector in Japan, 2019
Figure 8: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the residential construction sector in Japan, 2019
Figure 9: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the residential construction sector in Japan, 2019