SummaryThe Wine market in New Zealand is forecast to register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 as compared to 2010-2015. The Still Wine category has the highest volume share while the Sparkling Wine category is expected to register fastest value growth among all categories during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in New Zealand’s Wine market. Glass is the most commonly used packaging material while Screw Top is the commonly used closure type.
- The Wine market in New Zealand is forecast to register a CAGR of 1.2% during 2015-2020.
- Consumers in New Zealand are opting for value for money products in the Wine market.
- The Still Wine category has the highest volume share in the overall Wine market.
- The Sparkling Wine category is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.2% during 2015-2020.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in New Zealand’s Wine market.
- Villa maria and Brancott estate are the leading brands in the Sparkling Wine category in New Zealand.
Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Wine market in New Zealand provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Fortified Wine, Sparkling Wine and Still Wine with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Paper and Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Bottle, Carton and Bag-In-Box
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
- Value and volume analysis for New Zealand’s Wine market
- Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on New Zealand’s Wine market
- Degree of trade up/down in New Zealand’s Wine market
- Volume analysis by category
- Market value and growth rates, by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
- Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in New Zealand’s Wine and Spirits market
- Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in New Zealand’s Wine market
- Leading distribution channels ((volume terms) by category
- Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
- Wine market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Wine market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Wine market by type of packaging, forecast(in volume terms)
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- About Canadean
Table 1: Market value analysis in NZD and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to NZD
Table 4: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Average price per litre comparison by categories
Table 7: Leading retailers
Table 8: Leading brands by category, 2015
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 5: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine and Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine market, 2015
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 11: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 12: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 13:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020
3 stones winery
Brown Brothers Milawa Vineyard Pty Ltd
Cloudy Bay Vineyards Ltd
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.
Deutz Marlborough Cuvee
Distell Group Limited
Henkell and Co. Sektkellerei Kg
LVMH Moët Hennessy
Louis Vuitton S.A.
Oyster Bay Wines
Pernod Ricard S.A.
Treasury Wine Estates Vintners Limited
no 1 family estate
one tree hill vineyards
peter lehmann winery
shingle peak winery
villa maria estate
Casa Vinicola Zonin
Coopers Creek wineyard