SummarySouth Korea’s Suncare market is forecast to register strong growth in value as well as volume terms during 2015-2020. The Sun Protection category has the largest volume share and is also projected to witness fastest growth during 2015-2020. Hectic lifestyles of South Korean consumers is resulting in growth in demand for Suncare products that can applied at anytime and in any location. Growing interest in different sports activities will make Sports-specific Suncare products more popular.
- Among the analyzed three Suncare categories, the Sun Protection is the leading value category with 83.0% share by value in the South Korean Suncare market.
- The Flip/Snap Top is the most commonly used closure type, and its usage is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 4.8% in the South Korean Suncare market during 2015-2020.
- Bioforce USA, Australian Gold, and Amorepacific Corporation are the market leaders in the South Korean Suncare market.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the South Korean Suncare market.
- On-The -Go and Personalization are the major trends that are driving the South Korean Suncare market.
- Increasing trend of m-commerce among the Tech-savvy consumers in South Korea will drive demand for online sales of Suncare products in the country.
Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Suncare market in South Korea provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for After-Sun, Self-Tan, and Sun Protection with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Health and Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal and others; container data for: Bottle, Tube, Aerosol and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Suncare products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Suncare products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on new products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
- Value and volume analysis for the South Korean Suncare market
- Historic and forecast consumption in the South Korean Suncare market
- Degree of trade up/down in the South Korean Suncare market
- Volume analysis by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by category with change in market share
- Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in the South Korean Cosmetics and Toiletries market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the South Korean Suncare market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Suncare market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Suncare market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Suncare market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
- Market share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
Consumer trend analysis
- Canadean’s consumer trend framework and explanation of the Mega-trends
- For key trends in the South Korean Suncare market
- How the trend is influencing consumption in the South Korean Suncare market
- How to target the trend in the South Korean Suncare market
- How the trend will evolve in the South Korean Suncare market
- Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
- Key drivers in the market that will increasingly influence consumption
- New products launched in the South Korean Suncare market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Channel definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
- About Canadean
Table 1: Market value analysis in KRW and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to KRW
Table 4: Average prices (KRW and US$) by category, 2015
Table 5: Leading retailers
Table 6: Leading brands by category, 2015
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 4: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 5: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 6: Leading distribution channels, overall Cosmetics and Toiletries, 2011-2014
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 8: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015
Figure 9: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020
Figure 10: Brand share by categories, 2015
True Nature Group Inc.
Mary Kay Cosmetics Pty. Ltd.
Energizer Holdings Inc.
Lg Household and Healthcare Ltd
Isa Knox Cosmetics
Johnson and Johnson GmbH
LG Household and Health Care