SummaryStrong economic conditions and low inflation rate will create new growth opportunities in New Zealand’s consumer packaged goods market. Sun Protection is the leading value category while the Self-Tan category will register fastest growth during 2015-2020. Bottle is the most commonly used container type in the Suncare market.
- Strong economy and high income level in the country will drive demand towards consumer packaged goods in New Zealand
- The Suncare market in New Zealand will register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015
- Among all three categories analyzed, the Sun Protection category accounts for the largest share at 69.1% in 2015.
- Beiersdorf AG and Cancer Society of New Zealand are the market leaders in the Suncare market.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the New Zealand’s Suncare market.
- Bottle is the most commonly used closure type in New Zealand’s Suncare market.
Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Suncare market in New Zealand provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for After-Sun, Self-Tan, and Sun Protection with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Health and Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Glass and others; container data for: Bottle, Tube, Aerosol and others
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
- Value and volume analysis for New Zealand’s Suncare market
- Historic and forecast consumption in New Zealand’s Suncaremarket
- Volume analysis by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by category with change in market share
- Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in New Zealand’s Cosmetics and Toiletries market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in New Zealand’s Suncare market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Suncare market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Suncare market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Suncare market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
Brand and Private Label Share
- Penetration of private label by category in New Zealand’s Suncare market
- Private label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
- Brand share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Channel definitions
- About Canadean
Table 1: Market value analysis in NZD and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: NZD to US$
Table 4: Average prices (NZD and US$) by category, 2015
Table 5: Leading retailers
Table 6: Leading brands by category, 2015
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 3: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 5: Leading distribution channels, overall Cosmetics and Toiletries, 2011-2014
Figure 6: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 7: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015
Figure 8: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020
Figure 9: Private label penetration by categories, 2015
Figure 10: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 11: Brand share by categories, 2015
Cancer Society of New Zealand
Energizer Holdings Inc.
E.T. Browne Drug Co. Inc.
Johnson and Johnson GmbH
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc.
Merck and Co. Inc.
Elizabeth Arden Inc.