SummaryThailand’s Suncare market is forecast to register strong growth in value as well as volume terms during 2015-2020. The Sun Protection category has the largest volume share and is also projected to witness fastest growth during 2015-2020. Intense desire for a fair skin is driving demand for Suncare products with whitening ingredients. Improving Internet and mobile phone infrastructure will contribute to growth in online sales of Suncare products in future.
- The Suncare market in Thailand will register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015.
- The Suncare market in Thailand totaled 9.5 million units in volume terms as on 2015.
- Sun Protection, the leading category in value terms, will register fastest growth during 2015-2020.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in Thailand’s Suncare market.
- Flip/Snap Top is the most commonly used closure type in Thailand’s Suncare market.
- After-Sun category registered the fastest private label growth during 2012-2015.
Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Suncare market in Thailand provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for After-Sun, Self-Tan, and Sun Protection with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Health and Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Glass and others; container data for: Bottle, Tube, Aerosol and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Suncare products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Suncare products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on new products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
- Value and volume analysis for Thailand’s Suncare market
- Historic and forecast consumption in Thailand’s Suncare market
- Volume analysis by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by category with change in market share
- Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in Thailand’s Cosmetics and Toiletries market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in Thailand’s Suncare market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Suncare market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Suncare market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Suncare market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
Brand and Private Label Share
- Penetration of private label by category in Thailand’s Suncare market
- Private label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
- Brand share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
Consumer trend analysis
- Canadean’sconsumer trend framework and explanation of the Mega-trends
- For key trends in Thailand’s Suncaremarket
- How the trend is influencing consumption in Thailand’s Suncare market
- How to target the trend in Thailand’s Suncaremarket
- How the trend will evolve in Thailand’s Suncaremarket
- Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
- Key drivers in the market that will increasingly influence consumption
- New product examples launched in Thailand’s Suncare market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
- About Canadean
Table 1: Market value analysis in THB and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to THB
Table 4: Average prices (THB and US$) by category, 2015
Table 5: Leading retailers
Table 6: Leading brands by category, 2015
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 4: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 5: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 6: Leading distribution channels, overall Cosmetics and Toiletries, 2011-2014
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 8: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015
Figure 9: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020
Figure 10: Private label penetration by categories, 2015
Figure 11: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 12: Brand share by categories, 2015
Energizer Holdings Inc.
Shiseido Company Limited