SummaryThe US Skincare market is forecast to register growth in value as well as volume terms during 2015-2020. The Facial Care category will have the largest volume share while Hand Care category is projected to witness fastest growth during 2015-2020. With the influx of middle-income travellers from emerging Asian countries, the demand for luxurious US skincare products is likely to increase.
- Of the five categories analyzed, Facial Care will be the fastest growing value categories, registering a CAGR of 2.1% during 2015-2020
- The Skincare market in the US accounted for nearly one-fifth of the Cosmetics and Toiletries sales during 2011-2014
- Private label products in the Make-Up Remover category registered fastest growth in the market during 2012-2015
- The market in the country is highly competitive and is led by players such as Unilever PLC and Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
- Value and Gender Specificity are the major trends driving demand for Skincare products in the US
- Consumers in the US pay more attention to the ingredients in Skincare products, which will drive the demand for products labelled as “natural”.
Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Skincare market in the US provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the USage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Body Care, Depilatories, Facial Care, Hand Care, and Make-Up Remover with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Health and Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Glass, and others; container data for: Bottle, Tube, Jar, and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Skincare products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Skincare products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on new products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
Market Overview and Consumer Demographics
- Value and volume analysis for the USSkincare market
- Historic and forecast consumption in the US Skincare market
- Degree of trade up/down in the US Skincare market
- Volume analysis by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by category with change in market share
- Average category level pricing
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in the US Cosmetics and Toiletries market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the US Skincare market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Skincare market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Skincare market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Skincare market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
Brand and Private Label Share
- Penetration of private label by category in the USSkincare market
- Private Label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
- Market share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
Consumer trend analysis
- Canadean’sconsumer trend framework and explanation of the Mega-trends
- For key trends in the US Skincare market
- How the trend is influencing consumption in the US Skincare market
- How to target the trend in the US Skincare market
- How the trend will evolve in the US Skincare market
- Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
- Key drivers in the market that will increasingly influence consumption
- New products launched in the US Skincare market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Channel definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
- About Canadean
Table 1: Market value analysis in US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Average prices (US$) by category, 2015
Table 4: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 5: Leading retailers
Table 6: Leading brands by category, 2015
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 3: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 5: Leading distribution channels, overall Cosmetics and Toiletries, 2011-2014
Figure 6: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 7: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015
Figure 8: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020
Figure 9: Private Label penetration by categories, 2015
Figure 10: Private Label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 11: Brand share by categories, 2015
Johnson and Johnson GmbH
Burt's Bees Inc.
Mary Kay Cosmetics Pty. Ltd.
Procter and Gamble
Galderma Laboratories L.P.
Estée Lauder Inc.
MOR Corporation Australia PTY LTD.
Avon Products Inc.
Shiseido Company Limited
Ralph Lauren Corporation
JAFRA Cosmetics International
Benefit Cosmetics LLC
Sephora USA Inc.
Steiner Leisure Ltd.