SummaryThe busy lifestyles of the British consumers are driving the demand for convenient Skincare products that can be used on-the-go. Facial Care is the largest value category, whereas Hand Care category is forecast to register the fastest growth in value terms during 2015-2020.Hypermarkets and Supermarkets accounted for majority of sales in the Skincare market in the UK.
- The Skincare market in the UK registered a CAGR of 1.2% during 2010-2015.
- The Facial Care category has the largest volume share in the overall Skincare market.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in UK’s Skincare market.
- Flip/Snap Top is the most commonly used closure type in UK’s Skincare market.
- Vaseline – Intensive Care is the leading brand of Body care products in the UK Skincare market.
- Demand for natural and organic Skincare Products is on the rise in the UK.
Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Skincare market in the UK provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Body Care, Depilatories, Facial Care, Hand Care, and Make-Up Remover with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Health and Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Glass, and others; container data for: Bottle, Tube, Jar, and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Skincare products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Skincare products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on new products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
- Value and volume analysis for UK’s Skincare market
- Historic and forecast consumption in UK’s Skincare market
- Volume analysis by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by category with change in market share
- Average category level pricing
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in UK’s Cosmetics and Toiletries market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in UK’s Skincare market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Skincare market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Skincare market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Skincare market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
Brand and Private Label Share
- Penetration of private label by category in UK’s Skincare market
- Private Label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
- Market share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
Consumer trend analysis
- Canadean’sconsumer trend framework and explanation of the Mega-trends
- For key trends in UK’s Skincaremarket
- How the trend is influencing consumption in UK’s Skincare market
- How to target the trend in UK’s Skincaremarket
- How the trend will evolve in UK’s Skincaremarket
- Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
- Key drivers in the market that will increasingly influence consumption
- New products launched in UK’s Skincare market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
- About Canadean
Table 1: Market value analysis in GBP and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to GBP
Table 4: Average prices (GBP and US$) by category, 2015
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Leading retailers
Table 7: Leading brands by category, 2015
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 3: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 5: Leading distribution channels, overall Cosmetics and Toiletries, 2011-2014
Figure 6: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 7: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015
Figure 8: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020
Figure 9: Private Label penetration by categories, 2015
Figure 10: Private Label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 11: Brand share by categories, 2015
Reckitt Benckiser Group plc.
Johnson and Johnson GmbH
Estée Lauder Inc.
E.T. Browne Drug Co. Inc.
LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton
Steiner Leisure Ltd.
Astral Foods Ltd
Burt's Bees Inc.
ORIGINS NATURAL RESOURCES INC
Avon Products Inc.