SummaryThe Brazil’s Skincare market is forecast to register strong growth in value as well as volume terms during 2015-2020. The Body Care category has the largest volume share in 2015 while The Facial Care category is projected to witness fastest growth during 2015-2020. Value-conscious Brazilian consumers will continue seeking multi-functional Skincare products that offer additional benefits beyond basic hydration. Contrary to it, young adult consumers with more disposable incomes will trade up to premium products.
- Among all five categories analyzed, the Body Care is the leading value category with 49.2% share by value in the Brazilian Skincare market.
- Personalization and On-The-Go are the major trends that are driving the Brazilian Skincare market.
- Considerable penetration of Smartphone in market will drive demand for products opting digital media for brand promotions in the Brazilian Skincare market.
- Tube will be the fastest growing container type at a CAGR of 8.1% during 2015-2020.
- Natura and Avon Products, Inc. are the market leaders in the Brazilian Skincare market.
- Drug Stores and Pharmacies is the leading distribution channel in the Brazilian Skincare market.
Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Skincare market in Brazil provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Body Care, Depilatories, Facial Care, Hand Care, and Make-Up Remover with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Health and Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Glass, and others; container data for: Bottle, Tube, Tub, and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Skincare products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Skincare products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on new products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
- Value and volume analysis for the Brazilian Skincare market
- Historic and forecast consumption in the Brazilian Skincare market
- Degree of trade up/down in the Brazilian Skincare market
- Volume analysis by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by category with change in market share
- Average category level pricing
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in the Brazilian Cosmetics and Toiletries market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the Brazilian Skincare market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Skincare market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Skincare market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Skincare market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
Brand and Private Label Share
- Penetration of private label by category in the Brazilian Skincare market
- Private Label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
- Market share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
Consumer trend analysis
- Canadean’s consumer trend framework and explanation of the Mega-trends
- For key trends in the Brazilian Skincare market
- How the trend is influencing consumption in the Brazilian Skincare market
- How to target the trend in the Brazilian Skincare market
- How the trend will evolve in the Brazilian Skincare market
- Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
- Key drivers in the market that will increasingly influence consumption
- New products launched in the Brazilian Skincare market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Channel definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
- About Canadean
Table 1: Market value analysis in BRL and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to BRL
Table 4: Average prices (BRL and US$) by category, 2015
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Leading retailers
Table 7: Leading brands by category, 2015
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 4: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 5: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 6: Leading distribution channels, overall Cosmetics and Toiletries, 2011-2014
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 8: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015
Figure 9: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020
Figure 10: Private Label penetration by categories, 2015
Figure 11: Private Label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 12: Brand share by categories, 2015
O Boticário Ltd.
Johnson and Johnson GmbH
Mary Kay Cosmetics Pty. Ltd.
Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmétique
JAFRA Cosmetics Internacional
LE COUVENT DES MINIMES
Reckitt Benckiser Group plc.
Química Geral do Nordeste S/A - Rua Arandu
Church and Dwight Co.Inc.
Estée Lauder Inc.
Shiseido Company Limited
LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton
Procter and Gamble
Mirato S.p.A. Companhia Brasileira de Distribuição (Grupo Pão de Açúcar)
Wal-Mart Brasil Ltda
Carrefour Comércio e Indústria Ltda
Carrefour Comércio e Indústria Ltda
Natura Cosmeticos S.A
Botica Comercial Farmaceutica