SummarySignificant share of young population coupled with rising GDP per capita, will drive the growth of the consumer packaged goods in the UAE. In the Oral Hygiene market, Toothpaste is the leading value category while Toothbrush and Replacement Heads category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for Oral Hygiene products in the country. Colgate-Palmolive and The Procter and Gamble are the leading market players in the country.
- Among the six categories analyzed, Toothpaste is the leading value category while Toothbrush and Replacement Heads category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel accounting for 44.0% of the overall Oral Hygiene products distribution in UAE.
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Oral Hygiene market.
- Colgate-Palmolive and The Procter and Gamble are the leading market player in the country.
Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Oral Hygiene market in UAE provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Breath Fresheners (non-confectionery), Dental Floss, Denture Care, Mouthwash, Toothbrushes and Replacement Heads and Toothpaste with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Health and Beauty Stores, Convenience Stores, and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metals and Paper and Board; container data for: Tube, Blister Pack, Aerosol, Bottle and others
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
-Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
-Value and volume analysis for the UAE Oral Hygiene market
-Historic and forecast consumption in the UAE Oral Hygiene market
-Degree of trade up/down in the UAE Oral Hygiene market
-Volume analysis by category
-Historic and forecast value analysis by category
-Winners and losers by category with change in market share
-Average category level pricing
-Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
-Leading retailers in the UAE Cosmetics and Toiletries market
-Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the UAE Oral Hygiene market
-Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
-Oral Hygiene market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
-Oral Hygiene market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
-Oral Hygiene market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
Brand and Private Label Share
-Penetration of private label by category in the UAE Oral Hygiene market
-Private Label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
-Market share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
-Category value and volume data
Table 1: Market value analysis in AED and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to AED
Table 4: Average prices (AED and US$) by category, 2015
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Leading retailers
Table 7: Leading brands by category, 2015
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 4: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 5: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 6: Leading distribution channels, overall Cosmetics and Toiletries market, 2011-2014
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 8: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015
Figure 9: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020
Figure 10: Private Label penetration by categories, 2015
Figure 11: Private Label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 12: Brand share by categories, 2015
Dr. Fresh Inc.
The Procter and Gamble Company
Sunstar Suisse S.A.
Henkel Ag and Co. Kgaa
Johnson and Johnson Gmbh
Church and Dwight Co.Inc.
Pierre Fabre S.A
Dr. Wild and Co. Ag