SummaryThe Oral Hygiene market in China is forecast to register marginally higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015 due to rising inflation and slowing economy. Toothpaste is the leading value category and also forecast to register the fastest growth during 2015-2020 among all other categories. Oral Hygiene consumption among Chinese is mainly influenced by the Product Specificity and the Efficient and Effective consumer trends in the market.
- Among the six categories analyzed, Toothpaste will be the largest as well as fastest growing value category, registering a CAGR of 6.12% during 2015-2020.
- Convenience Stores is the leading distribution channel accounting for nearly half of the overall Oral Hygiene products distribution in China.
- The use of Tube container is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.7% during 2015-2020.
- Colgate-Palmolive Gmbh and Johnson and Johnson Gmbh are the leading market players in the country.
Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Oral Hygiene market in China provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Dental Floss, Mouthwash, Toothbrushes and Replacement Heads and Toothpaste with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Health and Beauty Stores, Convenience Stores, and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Paper and Board and others; container data for: Tube, Blister Pack, Bottle and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Oral Hygiene products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Oral Hygiene products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on new products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
- Value and volume analysis for the Chinese Oral Hygiene market
- Historic and forecast consumption in the Chinese Oral Hygiene market
- Volume analysis by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by category with change in market share
- Average category level pricing
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in the Chinese Cosmetics and Toiletries market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the Chinese Oral Hygiene market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Oral Hygiene market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Oral Hygiene market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Oral Hygiene market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
Brand and Private Label Share
- Penetration of private label by category in the Chinese Oral Hygiene market
- Private Label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
- Market share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
Consumer trend analysis
- Canadean‟sconsumer trend framework and explanation of the Mega-trends
- For key trends in the Chinese Oral Hygiene market
- How the trend is influencing consumption in the Chinese Oral Hygiene market
- How to target the trend in the Chinese Oral Hygienemarket
- How the trend will evolve in the Chinese Oral Hygienemarket
- Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
- Key drivers in the market that will increasingly influence consumption
- New products launched in the Chinese Oral Hygiene market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
- About Canadean
Table 1: Market value analysis in CNY and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to CNY
Table 4: Average prices (CNY and US$) by category, 2015
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Leading retailers
Table 7: Leading brands by category, 2015
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 3: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 5: Leading distribution channels, overall Cosmetics and Toiletries market, 2011-2014
Figure 6: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 7: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015
Figure 8: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020
Figure 9: Private Label penetration by categories, 2015
Figure 10: Private Label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 11: Brand share by categories, 2015
The Procter and Gamble Company
Yangzhou Super Star Toothbrush Co.
Mr. Good Tooth
Johnson and Johnson Gmbh
SHANGHAI MAXAM COMPANY LIMITED
Infinitus Co Ltd
Hawley and Hazel (Bvi) Co. Ltd
Lg Household and Health Care Ltd.
Yunnan Baiyao Group Co.
Guangzhou Liby Enterprise Group Co Ltd
Masson Group Co.