SummaryThe Make-Up market in Canada will register moderate growth in value and volume terms, which will be primarily be driven by the Nail Make-Up and Eye Make-Up categories. The rising concerns about chemicals and its probable health risks will drive the demand for Make-Up products with Fresh and Natural claims. The demand for multi functional Make-Up products with affordable prices is expected to increase as consumers are expected to remain price conscious due to the lasting impressions left by the recession.
- The Make-Up market in Canada will register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015.
- Urban Consumers account for majority of Nail Make-Up consumption.
- Eye Make-Up is the leading value category while the Nail Make-Up category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020.
- Department Stores is the leading distribution channel in Canada’s Make-Up market.
- Maybelline and Lancôme are the leading brands of Lip Make-Up in Canada.
- Consumers in Canada seek Make-Up products that help them obtain a ‘perfect’ appearance.
Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Make-Up market in Canada provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Eye Make-Up, Face Make-Up, Lip Make-Up, and Nail Make-Up with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Health and Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Glass, Flexible Packaging, and others; container data for: Tube, Tray, Bottle and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Make-Up products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Identify target consumers based on recent analysis of category volume consumption by gender, age-group, education and urbanization
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Make-Up products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on new products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
Market Overview and Consumer Demographics
- Value and volume analysis for the Canadian Make-Up market
- Historic and forecast consumption in the Canadian Make-Up market
- Category volume consumption analysis by gender, age, education and urbanization
- Degree of trade up/down in the Canadian Make-Up market
- Volume analysis by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Average category level pricing
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in the Canadian Cosmetics and Toiletries market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the Canadian Make-Up market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Make-Up market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Make-Up market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Make-Up market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
- Market share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
Consumer trend analysis
- Canadean‟sconsumer trend framework and explanation of the Mega-trends
- For key trends in the Canadian Make-Up market
- How the trend is influencing consumption in the Canadian Make-Up market
- How to target the trend in the Canadian Make-Up market
- How the trend will evolve in the Canadian Make-Up market
- Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
- Key drivers in the market that will increasingly influence consumption
- New products launched in the Canadian Make-Up market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Consumer Demographics data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
- About Canadean
Table 1: Market value analysis in CAD and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to CAD
Table 4: Average prices (CAD and US$) by category, 2015
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Leading retailers
Table 7: Leading brands by category, 2015
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Category volume consumption by age, gender, education and urbanisation,2015
Figure 3: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by categories, 2015
Figure 5: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels, overall Cosmetics and Toiletries, 2011-2014
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 9: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015
Figure 10: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020
Figure 11: Brand share analysis by categories, 2015
Avon Products Inc.
Estée Lauder Inc.
The Procter and Gamble Company
Elizabeth Arden Inc.
Lise Watier Cosmetiques
Mary Kay Inc.
CARGO Cosmetics Corp.