SummaryGrowth in the Confectionery market in Argentina will remain muted due to high inflation rate, though per-capita income in local currency terms continues to grow at a rapid pace. The Chocolate category has the largest value share, accounting for more than half of the overall Confectionery consumption in 2015. It is followed by Sugar Confectionery category, while the Gum category is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2015-2020. Molded Bars and Chocolate Count lines are the most popular Chocolate segments in Argentina. Novel and Experiential is the leading consumer trend in Argentina as consumers seek moments of enjoyment during their increasingly busy lives. However, rising inflation in Argentina have resulted in cautious consumer spending and will drive greater demand for better value for money products.
- The Confectionery market in Argentina will register marginally higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015.
- The Sugar Confectionery category has the highest volume share in the overall Confectionery market.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Dutch Confectionery market.
- Arcor is the leading Sugar Confectionery brand in Argentina, both in value and volume terms.
- Sleeve is the most commonly used outer type in Argentina’s Confectionery market.
Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Confectionery market in Argentina provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Chocolate, Gum and Sugar Confectionery with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Health and Wellness Analysis: Provides key health and wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of confectionery products in Argentina. It also provides the market share of leading companies offering confectionery products with health and wellness attributes.
- Leading players: Market share of brands at category and segment level.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper and Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Bag/Sachet, Foil, Film, Box, and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Confectionery products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Confectionery products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
- Retail and foodservice figures -Key Takeaways
- Value and volume analysis for Argentina’s Confectionery market
- Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Confectionery market
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in Argentina’s Food market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in Argentina’s Confectionery market
- Leading distribution channels ((value terms) by category
- Market share of leading brands (in value and volume terms) by category and segment
Health and Wellness analysis
- Key Health and Wellness product attributes driving sales
- Key Health and Wellness consumer benefits driving sales
- Key Health and Wellness companies and market share
- Confectionery market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Confectionery market by type of packaging closure (in volume terms)
- Confectionery market by type of packaging, forecast(in volume terms)
Consumer trend analysis
- Canadean’s consumer trend framework and explanation of the sub-trends
- For key trends in Argentina’s Confectionery market:
- How the trend is influencing consumption in Argentina’s Confectionery market
- How to target the trend in Argentina’s Confectionery market
- How the trend will evolve in Argentina’s Confectionery market
- Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
- What are the key drivers that will influence growth of confectionery market in the future
- New products launched in Argentina’s Confectionery market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Health and Wellness data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Health and Wellness definitions
- Channel definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
- About Canadean
Table 1: Country Indicators -overall food value and volume, 2015
Table 2: Market value analysis in ARS and US$, 2010-2020
Table 3: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 4: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to ARS
Table 5: Average prices (ARS and US$) by category, 2015
Table 6: Leading retailers
Table 7: Leading brands by segment, 2015
Table 8: Leading brands by category, 2015
Table 9: Key Health and Wellness product attributes driving sales, 2015
Table 10: Key Health and Wellness consumer benefits driving sales, 2015
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Foodservice transactions by sectors, profit and cost, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume share analysis by categories, 2015
Figure 4: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 5: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 6: Leading distribution channels, overall Food, 2011-2014
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 8: Brand share analysis by categories (by value and volume), 2015
Figure 9: Brand share analysis by segments (by value and volume), 2015
Figure 10: Key Health and Wellness companies by categories
Figure 11: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure, 2015
Figure 12: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure, 2015-2020
Del Turista Saci
Dona Jimena Argentina S.A.
Felipe Fort S.A
Lindt and Sprüngli Ag
Mondelēz International Inc
The Hershey Company
Georgalos HNOS. S.A.I.C.A.
Vilaplana Y Gonzalez Srl
Chocolates Mapsa Srl
Delaviuda Alimentation S.A.
Lheritier Argentina SA
Ludik candy designer
Perfetti Van Melle SpA