|【英語タイトル】North America Hot-melt Adhesives Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)|
The North America hot-melt adhesives market is estimated to witness a significant growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 6%, over the forecast period. Increasing demand from the packaging industry and rising environmental concerns regarding solvent-borne adhesives are expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Volatility in the availability and price of raw material forcing internal substitution is likely to hinder the market’s growth.
- Adoption of bio-based hot-melt adhesives are projected to create opportunities to the market growth in the coming years.
- United States is expected to dominate the market and is also expected to witness the fastest CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Rising Demand from Paper, Board and Packaging Industry
- An extremely high proportion of all industrial products are sold in packaging – either due to stability requirements for storage and transport or for aesthetic reasons.
- Hot-melt adhesives are mainstream adhesives in the paper, board, and packaging industry. It is most widely used for carton closing, sealing, and pallet stabilization.
- Applications of hot-melt adhesives range from corrugated box construction and lamination of printed sheets, to packaging materials used for all types of consumer products and the production of large industrial tubes and cores.
- Although normal envelopes and paper bags consist of just a single layer of material, most packaging materials used nowadays are of different materials laminated together.
- The most crucial market for hot-melt adhesives has been packaging. The production of tapes and labels has been experiencing immense growth. The improvement in living standards and higher incomes, especially in developing countries, have increased the demand for a broad range of products, all of which require packaging. Moreover, the growing market for e-commerce and online purchasing is providing huge support and opportunities to the hot-melt adhesives market.
- Most of the demand for packaging is from the food and beverage industry. On the other hand, healthcare products are the largest users of folding cartons. These end-user segments are likely to boost the demand for PU hot-melt adhesives in the coming years.
- The aforementioned factors have been boosting the demand for hot-melt adhesives, in the recent times.
United States to Dominate the Market
- In the North America region, United States dominated the hot-melt adhesives market. United States is one of the fastest emerging economies and has become one of the biggest production houses in the world, today. The country’s manufacturing sector is one of the major contributors to the country’s economy.
- Various automotive manufacturers are planning to invest during the coming years, amid threats from the government to increase levies on auto imports from Mexico. This factor is expected to positively impact the automotive industry in the country in the coming years, thereby increasing the consumption of hot-melt adhesives in the automotive industry through the forecast period.
- The healthcare sector in the United States is by far one of the most advanced sectors in the country. At this rate, the healthcare spending in the country will be approx. 20% of the entire GDP by 2027.
- The electronics market in the United States is the largest market in terms of size, and it is expected to remain the leading market over the forecast period, because of the usage of advanced technology, increase in the number of research and development centers, and rising demand from the consumers.
- Owing to all the above-mentioned factors, the market for hot-melt adhesives is expected to increase during the forecast period.
The North America hot-melt adhesives market is consolidated in nature. Key players in the market include 3M, Arkema Group, Dow, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, and Sika AG, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from the Packaging Industry
4.1.2 Rising Environmental Concerns Regarding Solvent-borne Adhesives
4.2.1 Volatility in the Availability and Price of Raw Material Forcing Internal Substitution
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Resin Type
5.1.1 Ethylene Vinyl Acetate
5.1.2 Styrenic-butadiene Copolymers
5.1.3 Thermoplastic Polyurethane
5.1.4 Other Resin Types
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Building and Construction
5.2.2 Paper, Board, and Packaging
5.2.3 Woodworking and Joinery
5.2.5 Footwear and Leather
5.2.8 Other End-user Industries
5.3.1 United States
5.3.4 Rest of North America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Arkema Group
6.4.4 Avery Dennison Corporation
6.4.6 Dymax Corporation
6.4.7 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.8 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.9 Hexcel Corporation
6.4.10 Huntsman Corporation LLC
6.4.13 Mapei Spa
6.4.14 Master Bond Inc.
6.4.15 Pidilite Industries Ltd.
6.4.16 Sika AG
6.4.17 Yokohama Industries Americas Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Adoption of Bio-Based Hot-melt Adhesives
7.2 Innovative Product Development to Gain Competitive Edge
- Arkema Group
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- Dymax Corporation
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Hexcel Corporation
- Huntsman Corporation LLC
- Mapei Spa
- Master Bond Inc.
- Pidilite Industries Ltd.
- Sika AG
- Yokohama Industries Americas Inc.