|【英語タイトル】Next Generation Network Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)|
The Next Generation Network Market is expected to register a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period (2021 – 2026). The architecture of the information and communication infrastructures is rapidly changing in order to accommodate the requirements of the rapidly growing ICT-enabled services and applications, along with the evolution of next-generation networks and further advancements in the future networks.
- The increasing technological development and deployment of the next-generation network are most important for the public network carriers as it can be an effective and innovative way for them to differentiate themselves by offering various value-added services at a lower price point, and survive and even prosper in this highly competitive market.
- It is also anticipated that the convergence of applications, services, and networks is going to shape the future of the telecom sector. This rapid change in the market is also forcing the network carriers to update their existing network infrastructure to a next-generation platform, in order to meet the current market trends and satisfy the expected increase in demand for advanced networks.
- The corporates demand for bandwidth is increasing by over 50% each year, also the amount of capacity that is being deployed on the international internet, public and switched voice networks is doubling as the international bandwidth prices continues to gradually decline. The bandwidth demands, alongside the organizations demand of the digital workplace (flexible working, cloud, unified communications and collaboration) is also creating a huge requirement for new technologies to be implemented.
- The market is also witnessing the launch of 5G from multiple telecom service providers across the globe which is also one of the major factors driving the market. For instance, in May 2019, EE launched the UK’s first next-generation 5G mobile network. The network offer faster downloads, but with a 5G enabled smartphone. At first, the service will only be offered in limited areas of Birmingham, Belfast, Cardiff, London, Edinburgh and Manchester.
- The recent outbreak of coronavirus outbreak has intensified the network traffic. Despite this surge in network traffic, and a global recognition of broadband’s overnight significance, service providers have begun warning investors of the financial impact of the pandemic. According to Huawei, China is expected to extend its 5G lead over Europe as a result of COVID-19. 5G deployment in Europe will certainly be delayed to when the pandemic is brought under control,
Key Market Trends
Telecom Service Providers are Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- The next-generation network offers a single network that is capable of carrying information for a phone call, web session, video conference, from the source to the destination. Further, these solution offers value-added service such as real-time and non-real time, transaction and content services. Moreover, these also provide broadband capabilities with end-to-end quality of service. Flexible architecture and low costs make it an effective solution for telecom operators.
- With 5G networks soon to be rolled out, smartphone OEMs and telecom players are rapidly gearing towards the shift. Telecom service providers across the globe are upgrading their product offerings and services to gain a stronghold in the Next Generation Network Market.
- 5G technology is anticipated to unleash a massive IoT ecosystem that would allow networks to serve billions of connected devices. For Instance, according to Ericsson’s Mobility Report of June 2019, More than 10 million 5G mobile subscriptions are anticipated globally by the end of 2019. This is indicative of the fact that the market is poised to grow throughout the forecast period.
- The rapidly increasing data traffic across the globe is creating a demand for effective and high capacity IP-based networks. The telecommunication operators in multiple regions are primarily adopting the next-generation networks to manage this increasing data traffic.
- Moreover, China granted commercial licenses to four state-owned telecom giants (China Telecom, China Mobile, China Unicom, and China Radio and Television) in June 2019 to start rolling out 5G services, indicating Beijing’s determination to be the global leader in setting up superfast wireless networks amid tensions with the United States over technology and trade.
North America is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- The North American region is expected to witness significant growth in the next-generation network market primarily owing to the rapid advancement in technology and the high adoption in countries such as the US and Canada.
- The region is a primary hub for all the major organizations across the world. The expansion of the retail industry and the growth of IoT are also driving the demand for next-generation networks in the region.
- According to Cisco’s latest Visual Networking Index report, smart homes are expected to be one of the key drivers of IoT connectivity growth during the next few years. The average household in the region will have an average of 9 devices by 2022, and roughly half (48%) of total devices and connections will be video capable.
- The increase in the demand for advanced technologies, such as machine-to-machine communication, connected cars, and artificial intelligence is highest in the region as compared to other regions, hence is anticipated to offer massive opportunities for the network providers to grow.
- Moreover, North America has the highest monthly mobile data traffic per smartphone, reaching 7.2 gigabytes (GB) at the end of 2017. This number is anticipated to rise to 49 GB by the end of 2023, thereby fueling the demand for advanced network solutions.
The Next Generation Network Market is highly competitive owing to the presence of several large players in the market running their operations in domestic and international markets. The market appears to be moderately competitive with the major players in the market adopting strategies such as product innovation, strategic partnerships and mergers, and acquisitions primarily to widen their product portfolio and expand their geographic reach. Some of the major players in the market are Cisco Systems, Inc., Huawei Technologies, ZTE Corp., Ericsson, among others.
- Oct 2019 – Nokia launched the Quillion, which is a new family of chipsets that will power the next-generation massive scale access networks. With the company’s extensive expertise, the chipset will primarily allow the operators to easily introduce the 10G PON in their fiber networks and to serve much more users from the ultra-high-speed G.fast access nodes.
- Feb 2019 – Ericsson and Intel Corporation began a multi-year collaboration primarily to align their ongoing development efforts in the software-defined infrastructure (SDI) and Intel’s Rack Scale Design. The result of this next-generation infrastructure management platform will deliver a new level of cloudlike agility, efficiency and transparency that is required for Network Function Virtualization (NFV), distributed cloud, and 5G.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Demand for High-Speed Services
4.2.2 Low Operational Cost
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 High Costs Related to the Infrastructure
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Porters Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Industry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2.1 Telecom Service Providers
5.2.2 Internet Service Providers
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Cisco Systems, Inc.
6.1.2 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
6.1.3 ZTE Corporation
6.1.4 Ciena Corporation
6.1.5 IBM Corporation
6.1.6 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
6.1.7 NEC Corporation
6.1.8 Juniper Networks, Inc.
6.1.9 Nokia Corporation
6.1.10 Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS