|【英語タイトル】Mobile Broadband Trends in Asia-Pacific|
Mobile Broadband Trends in Asia-Pacific
“Mobile Broadband Trends in Asia-Pacific”, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the mobile broadband market in Asia-Pacific. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the mobile market, analyzing key trends in the region.
In Asia-Pacific, mobile service revenue growth will be mainly driven by the mobile data segments over 2018-2023. M2M subscriptions will record the fastest growth during 2018-2023 led by MNOs’ focus on providing M2M and IoT services to enterprise and consumers in Asia-Pacific. Going forward, operators will focus on data monetization, 4G network expansions, and 5G network launches to boost mobile broadband penetration in the region.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following –
- Section 1: Asia-Pacific in global context; the section provides comparison of Asia-Pacific mobile telecom market size and trends with other regions.
- Section 2: Competitive dynamics; this section provides competitive analysis of various MNOs and MVNOs in Asia-Pacific’s mobile market.
- Section 3: Mobile broadband subscription trends in Asia-Pacific; a demand profile and analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the mobile voice and mobile data markets.
- Section 4: Mobile broadband revenue trends in Asia-Pacific; examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2018-2023. – Section 5: Key findings and recommendations; it consists of a summary of the key findings for Asia-Pacific mobile broadband market.
- Data services revenue will account for 60.3% of total mobile service revenue generated over the 2018 to 2023 period.
- MVNOs registered 194 million subscriptions in 2018, accounting for 4% of total mobile subscriptions.
- The first 5G subscriptions in the region will come alive in 2019. By year-end 2022, there will be 477 million 5G subscriptions in the region.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of Asia-Pacific’s mobile telecommunications markets trends in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Asia-Pacific’s mobile communications markets.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Asia-Pacific.
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
List of exhibits 5
Asia-Pacific’s mobile broadband markets – key takeaways 7
Asia-Pacific highlights 8
Section 1: Asia-Pacific in a global context 9
Asia-Pacific’s main facts 10
Asia-Pacific’s demographics at a glance 11
Asia-Pacific in a global context 12
Section 2: Competitive dynamics 14
Competitive dynamics in Asia-Pacific 15
REGION’s main competitive market trends 16
Competitive dynamics in Asia-Pacific 17
Section 3: Mobile broadband subscription trends 18
Mobile user trends in Asia-Pacific 19
Mobile technology trends in Asia-Pacific 21
5G Innovators: China, Japan, and South Korea 22
5G Innovators: China, Japan, and South Korea in pole position in Asia-Pacific 23
Mobile device trends in Asia-Pacific 24
M2M trends in Asia-Pacific 26
Mobile traffic trends in Asia-Pacific 27
Section 4: Mobile broadband revenue trends 26
Mobile average revenue per user (ARPU) trends in Asia-Pacific 29
Mobile revenue trends in Asia-Pacific 30
Key Findings and Recommendations 31
Acronyms and definitions 34
Companies mentioned 36
About the authors 37
Related research 38
About GlobalData 39
Contact information 39
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Population, 2018-2023 (Millions) 11
Exhibit 2: Nominal GDP, 2018-2023 (US$Trillion) 11
Exhibit 3: Real GDP growth, 2011-2017 11
Exhibit 4: User penetration, 2018 (% of population) 12
Exhibit 5: Subscription penetration, 2018 (% of population) 12
Exhibit 6: Prepaid subscription as a % of total subscription 12
Exhibit 7: Monthly ARPU, 2018 (US$) 13
Exhibit 8: data as a share of total ARPU, 2018 (% of ARPU) 13
Exhibit 9: Monthly voice MOU, 2018 (minutes/month) 13
Exhibit 10: Major competitive changes, 2012-2018 15
Exhibit 11: MVNO subscriptions and share of total mobile subscriptions in Asia-Pacific, 2018-2023 17
Exhibit 12: Top five markets in terms of MVNO market share in Asia-Pacific, 2018 17
Exhibit 13: Mobile user penetration Vs. PPP-adjusted GDP per capita, 2018 19
Exhibit 14: Mobile users, Asia-Pacific, 2018-2023 (Millions) 20
Exhibit 15: Mobile subscriptions and penetration in Asia-Pacific, 2018-2023 20
Exhibit 16: Mobile subscriptions by technology generation, 2018-2023 21
Exhibit 17: Top five markets in terms of 5G subscriptions as a % of total, 2023 21
Exhibit 18: Mobile subscriptions by device type, 2018-2023 (Millions) 24
Exhibit 19: Net additions by device type, 2018 Vs 2023 (Millions) 24
Exhibit 20: Mobile handset subscriptions by type, 2018-2023 (Millions) 25
Exhibit 21: DiGi offers Oppo F7 for RMB1, 2018 25
Exhibit 22: M2M subscriptions and revenue, 2018-2023 26
Exhibit 23: Examples of solutions offered by telcos 26
Exhibit 24: Total mobile data traffic, 2018-2023 (PB) 27
Exhibit 25: MaxisONE plan offers 10GB extra data, 2018 27
Exhibit 26: Mobile ARPU in Asia-Pacific (USD), 2018-2023 29
Exhibit 27: Monthly spend on 1GB of data as a % of PPP-adjusted GDP per capita, month 2018 (USD) 29
Exhibit 28: Mobile service revenue by device type, 2018 VS. 2023 30
Exhibit 29: fastest growing markets in terms of mobile service revenue, CAGR 2018-2023 30