|【英語タイトル】Metal Print Packaging Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)|
The metal print packaging market is expected to register a CAGR of about 5.4% over the forecast period (2021 – 2026). The metal printed packaging allows the manufacturers to improve the brand visibility of the products, thus, attracting the user’s attention and propelling them to buy the product.
- The world is urbanizing rapidly; the proportion of people living in urban areas is expected to increase to 66% by 2050, according to the United Nations (UN). As urbanization is picking up, and growing affluence, diet is changing, characterized by a high demand for packaged food. Therefore, large organized retailers have started to stack vast amounts of canned food and beverages. Nowadays, offline and online retailers stock a wide range of brands of packaged food items in their stores.
- The rising demand for aesthetic appeal, and personalized canned food and beverages, is one of the important factors which is expected to accentuate the growth of the metal print packaging market throughout the forecast period. As stated by Evergage Inc., 70% of the manufacturers and marketers have recognized that personalization has a significant impact on the buying behavior of the consumer.
- The requirement for boosting the speed to market is encouraging the players to increase the deployment of the emerging metal printing technologies. This is expected to enable them to increase the in-house production capacity and get the metal packaged products ready in time, by meeting the scheduling challenges quickly and efficiently.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the customers are buying more canned foods than before, which is, therefore, drives the growth of the market studied. In March 2020, canned food sales at General Mills and Campbell Soup increased by more than 50 percent.
- During the COVID-19 crisis, in the United States, sales of canned chickpeas, meat, and tuna were up by more than 20% compared to the usual time.
Key Market Trends
Digital Printing Process is Expected to Grow at a Significant Rate Throughout the Forecast Period
- The primary driver for the adoption of the digital printing process in advanced economies owing to factors, like printing without printing plates, shortest runs, and personalization. Vendors operating in the market are trying to adopt this futuristic printing process by investing more in emerging technologies. In May 2019, Koenig & Bauer MetalPrint presented itself as a partner for metal printing at the “Future Symposium” of ThyssenKrupp Rasselstein GmbH in Andernach.
- There is still a certain hesitancy to use digital printing for the metal packaging market. To convince the customers of the outstanding properties of digital printing, ThyssenKrupp Rasselstein GmbH, together with Pirlo and Koenig & Bauer MetalPrint, started distributing digitally printed metal can sample in many trade fairs, which will further promote the penetration of the printing process in the coming years.
- In March 2020, BrewBoard, which is a Cambridge based independent craft brewer manufacturer, expanded its portfolio of exclusive craft beer for designs with Tonejet Cyclone “direct to can” digital printing process. The brewery is planning to implement highly customized campaigns across East Anglia and Cambridge, with the Tonejet’s solution. These increasing adoptions of digital printing technology for metal print packaging are expected to help create more adoption opportunities in the future.
Europe Geographic Segment is Expected to Hold a Significant Share Throughout the Forecast Period
- High consumption of packaged beverages in numerous sports tournaments, including Barclays Premier League, and La Liga, owing to the growing convenience in handling the food items, is expected to boost the demand for the metal print packaging in Europe during the forecast period.
- The vendors operating in Europe are focusing on new product developments and facility expansions to boost the region’s growth in the coming years. In 2019, Tonejet, which is developing metal printing systems for metal cans, has built a new 1,300 sqm facility in the United Kingdom. The facility will help the company to increase production to meet the rising worldwide demand for emerging printing technology from major beverage brands and craft brewers.
- In September 2019, a beer brand of Croatia, Ožujsko, which is a part of the Molson Coors family, entered a partnership with Ball Corporation to launch a new range of limited-edition cans to raise awareness of endangered species found around Croatia.
- In May 2020, Acqua S. Bernardo, an Italian manufacturer of mineral water, had shifted to metal packaging for its premium still and sparkling waters. Acqua S. Bernardo has partnered with Crown Holdings Inc. to develop the creative designs that reflected the brand’s quality and heritage. The company also recognized the importance of diversifying its portfolio to enable rising consumption during large outdoor events, beaches, sporting activities, and other locations where certain packaging can be restrictive.
- The recent COVID-19 outbreak has greatly affected the consumer’s behavior in the European region. On the demand side, consumers are hoarding shelf-stable food items, such as processed fruit and vegetables. On the supply side, manufacturers and suppliers are struggling to meet the increasing demand owing to labor and logistics capacity issues. Most of the canneries around the region have large orders for small retail metal packages (cans). However, the demand for bigger cans, which are more than 5 kg, used for the foodservice sector has significantly decreased due to the shutting down of restaurants.
The metal print packaging market is moderately competitive and comprises a significant number of global and regional players. These players account for a large share in the market and are focusing on expanding their consumer base across the world. These players are focusing on the research and development investment in introducing new solutions, strategic partnerships, and other organic and inorganic growth strategies to earn a competitive edge during the forecast period.
- In March 2020, Bierland, which is a Brazil-based craft beer brand, converted its whole product portfolio to be packaged in metal cans in partnership with Crown Embalagens Metálicas da Amazônia SA, which is a subsidiary of Crown Holdings Inc.
- In October 2019, Sun Chemical was showcased its recently developed range of decorative metal solutions at Asia CanTech 2019. Key solutions being offered include SunColorBox, which is a unique set of tools that enables consistent and accurate digital color printing throughout the entire metal packaging supply chain.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Supply Chain Analysis
4.3 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.2 Market Challenges
5.3 Market Opportunities
6 IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE METAL PACKAGING INDUSTRY
7 METAL PACKAGING MARKET LANDSCAPE
7.1 Metal Packaging Demand by Type
7.2 Metal Packaging Demand by Region
7.3 Metal Packaging Demand by End-user Industry
8 PRINTING INKS AND COATINGS LANDSCAPE
8.1 Printing Inks Demand by Type (Solvent-Based, Water Based, Oil-Based, UV Curing, and Other Types)
9 MARKET SEGMENTATION
9.1 By Printing Process
9.1.1 Offset Lithography
9.1.5 Other Printing Technologies
9.2.1 North America
9.2.3 Asia Pacific
9.2.4 Latin America
9.2.5 Middle East and Africa
10 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
10.1 Company Profiles
10.1.1 Toyo Seikan Co. Ltd
10.1.2 Ball Corporation
10.1.4 Envases Group
10.1.5 CCL Container
10.1.6 Koenig & Bauer AG
10.1.7 Tonejet Limited
10.1.8 Crown Holdings Inc.
11 FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET