|【英語タイトル】Metal Print Packaging Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)|
❖ レポートの概要 ❖
・競争状況（Toyo Seikan Co. Ltd、Ball Corporation、HuberGroup、Envases Group、CCL Container、Koenig & Bauer AG、Tonejet Limited、Crown Holdings Inc.）
The Metal Print Packaging Market is expected to register a CAGR of about 5.4% over the forecast period (2021 – 2026).
The metal printed packaging allows the manufacturers to improve the brand visibility of the products, thus, attracting the user’s attention and propelling them to buy the product. The changing consumer buying behavior due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak and growing adoption of flexible, cheap, and easy to use packaging are some of the major factors driving the investment in the print packaging market in 2020-2021. Although plastic regained its market in 2020 due to low cost, the environmental concern has also expanded the demand for metal packaging, especially in the food and beverage industry.
- The world is urbanizing rapidly; the proportion of people living in urban areas is expected to increase to 66% by 2050, according to the United Nations (UN). As urbanization is picking up, and growing affluence, diet is changing, characterized by a high demand for packaged food. Therefore, large organized retailers have started to stack vast amounts of canned food and beverages. Nowadays, offline and online retailers stock a wide range of brands of packaged food items in their stores.
- Industries like Food and Beverage, cosmetic, and personnel care are also exploring reusable and partially reusable metal packaging options, along with advance and attractive printing technologies. US-based startup making packaging for personal care products, Verity, is producing curbside-recyclable aluminum options in lieu of hard-to-recycle plastic. The company manufactures aluminum and stainless steel cases for deodorant and is looking into the wider personal care market. The company currently supplies its metal packaging to the US-based deodorant producer, Noniko. Noniko is currently offering deodorant in reusable stainless steel packaging from Verity.
- The advancement in digital printing has also enabled food and beverage companies to adopt concept like late-stage customization; hence, also fueling the demand in the studied market. The growing adoption of security or smart metallic labels or RFID to enhance product security and traceability against counterfeiting is further expanding the studied market scope.
- As industries like global snacking markets are booming, premiumization in Snacks is witnessing a massive growth. And as the packaging is one of three key elements of premiumization, the end-users are increasingly investing in the studied market. For instance, Crown Food Europe is advocating the use of metal to convey a premium feel to packaging in the “booming” snacks market. According to the company, metal conveys a premium feel, being a solid and robust material that gives the impression the contents are worth protecting.
Key Market Trends
Offset Lithography is Expected to Hold a Significant Market Growth
- Offset lithography is one of the widely used packaging printing methods used for creating printed materials. Compared to the other packaging printing methods, offset lithography printing is suitable for economically producing large volumes of high-quality prints requiring little maintenance.
- Offset printing offers advantages, such as high print quality and high-speed printing, further leading to the high demand for the packaging printing type, which has also gained its metal type market. In a region like Europe, offset printing is a widely adopted method for printing on metal cans owing to its hard and non-absorbent material.
- Companies like Crown Holdings Inc. utilize offset printing for a 2-piece and 3-piece metal packaging so that ink is applied to a printing plate, transferred to a blanket, and then on to the metal itself. 2-piece cans are printed when formed, whereas Three-piece is printed on sheets. Crown Food Europe has produced metal print packaging for many clients in the snacks sector, including metal format containers that are 100% recyclable for Bier Nuts’ crunchy, coated peanuts; and print packaging for Satisfied Snacks’ Salad (as) Crisps concept in metal tins.
- Offset printing technology also uses solvent-free inks to meet international food safety standards, and the applied coating and drying solutions do not emit VOCs (volatile organic compounds). Driven by the increasing demand for offset printing, many companies have launched new ink products. For instance, in 2019, Sun Chemical (United States based firm), a producer of printing inks, launched SunWave Lumina, a new range of high-performance UV LED curing sheetfed offset inks for commercial metal printing.
- Although the quality of prints produced using offset printing is high, it is flawed by better printing methods, such as rotogravure and photogravure. Because printing plates are anodized aluminum materials, which could rust from oxidation, the plates used for offset printing needs to be adequately maintained. Such disadvantages have been anticipated to restrict the growth of offset lithography printing in metal packaging.
Europe Region to Witness a Significant Share
- High consumption of packaged beverages in numerous sports tournaments, including Barclays Premier League, and La Liga, owing to the growing convenience in handling the food items, is expected to boost the demand for the metal print packaging in Europe during the forecast period.
- The vendors operating in Europe are focusing on new product developments and facility expansions to boost the region’s growth in the coming years. In 2019, Tonejet, which is developing metal printing systems for metal cans, has built a new 1,300 sqm facility in the United Kingdom. The facility will help the company to increase production to meet the rising worldwide demand for emerging printing technology from major beverage brands and craft brewers.
- In March 2021, European Aluminium and Metal Packaging Europe launched a joint Roadmap towards 100% aluminum beverage can recycling by 2030 Brussels. The Roadmap reflects the conviction among aluminum producers of cansheet, manufacturers of aluminium beverage cans and recyclers of used aluminium beverage cans that the full potential of the aluminium beverage can as a front-runner in a truly circular economy can be achieved within the next ten years.
- In May 2020, Acqua S. Bernardo, an Italian manufacturer of mineral water, had shifted to metal packaging for its premium still and sparkling waters. Acqua S. Bernardo has partnered with Crown Holdings Inc. to develop the creative designs that reflected the brand’s quality and heritage. The company also recognized the importance of diversifying its portfolio to enable rising consumption during large outdoor events, beaches, sporting activities, and other locations where certain packaging can be restrictive.
- The recent COVID-19 outbreak has greatly affected the consumer’s behavior in the European region. On the demand side, consumers are hoarding shelf-stable food items, such as processed fruit and vegetables. On the supply side, manufacturers and suppliers are struggling to meet the increasing demand owing to labor and logistics capacity issues. Most of the canneries around the region have large orders for small retail metal packages (cans). However, the demand for bigger cans, which are more than 5 kg, used for the foodservice sector has significantly decreased due to the shutting down of restaurants.
The metal print packaging market is moderately competitive and comprises a significant number of global and regional players. These players account for a large share in the market and are focusing on expanding their consumer base across the world. These players are focusing on the research and development investment in introducing new solutions, strategic partnerships, and other organic and inorganic growth strategies to earn a competitive edge during the forecast period.
- May 2021 – HuberGroup Print Solutions announced the opening of a state-of-the-art production plant in the Wroclaw area in Poland, which delivers to customers throughout Europe. In the new buildings, hubergroup produces water-based varnishes as well as solvent-based inks for flexography and gravure printing and has dosing lines for offset inks including UV inks.
- March 2020 – Bierland, a Brazil-based craft beer brand, partnered with Crown Embalagens Metálicas da Amazônia SA, which is a subsidiary of Crown Holdings Inc., so it can switch to metal cans packaging for its whole product portfolio.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
❖ レポートの目次 ❖
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Supply Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Market Drivers
4.5 Market Challenges
4.6 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5 METAL PACKAGING MARKET LANDSCAPE
5.1 Metal Packaging Demand by Type
5.2 Metal Packaging Demand by Region
5.3 Metal Packaging Demand by End-user Industry
6 PRINTING INKS AND COATINGS LANDSCAPE
6.1 Printing Inks Demand by Type (Solvent-Based, Water Based, Oil-Based, UV Curing, and Other Types)
7 MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 Printing Process
7.1.1 Offset Lithography
7.1.5 Other Printing Technologies
7.2.1 North America
7.2.3 Asia Pacific
7.2.4 Latin America
7.2.5 Middle East and Africa
8 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 Toyo Seikan Co. Ltd
8.1.2 Ball Corporation
8.1.4 Envases Group
8.1.5 CCL Container
8.1.6 Koenig & Bauer AG
8.1.7 Tonejet Limited
8.1.8 Crown Holdings Inc.
9 FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET