|【英語タイトル】India Biopesticides market- Growth, Trends, Forecast (2020 - 2025)|
India Biopesticides Market is projected to witness a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Increasing awareness regarding food safety, organic farming, and government subsidies are some of the major factors that are driving the market for biopesticides in India. According to Fibl Statistics, the area under organic cultivation in India was 1.5 million hectares in 2016, which has raised to 1.9 million hectares in 2018.
- India Biopesticides market is dominated by the bioinsecticides in 2019 and is projected to remain the same during the forecast period. Wheat, Cotton, and Rice is the major crops cultivated in the country the sale of bioinsecticides related to these crops is expected to grow more compared to other crop-based products.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Area Under Organic Cultivation
Increasing the adoption rate of organic cultivation in India is a major driving factor for biopesticides in the country. According to the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture, the area under organic cultivation in India was 1.5 million hectares in 2016, which has raised to 1.9 million hectares in 2018. According to the Government of India, the area under organic farming covered across the country under the schemes Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY), Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North Eastern Region (MOVCDNER) and National Programme of Organic Production (NPOP) is 23.02 lakh hectares.
Increasing usage of biopesticides
The increasing food safety awareness among the households coupled with rising environmental issues the Government of India has banned around 18 chemical active ingredients including ammonium sulphamate, azinphos ethyl, dicrotophos and so on, that are widely used across the country to control plant pests in 2019. The ban of pesticides in developed nations is also likely to affect the Indian agricultural commodity export market, which might lead to further ban of pesticides in the country in the upcoming years. For instance, the export of rice to European countries from India has plunged by 40% in 2018 as the rice samples failed to meet the minimum residue level in the Europe region. This is likely to boost the usage of biopesticides in the country.
India’s biopesticides market is a highly fragmented market. Biowrks Inc, Sumitomo Chemical India Pvt Ltd, Koppert Biological Systems India Pvt Ltd, Nav Agro Pvt Ltd and Kilpest India limited are some of the active players in the market. PArtnerships, product launches, mergers and acquisitions, investment in R&D are some of the most adopted strategies by the active players in the market.
- In 2019, Bioworks Inc has signed a long term partnership agreement with NACL Industries Ltd. for marketing Bioworks Inc biological products including biopesticides in India and South Asia.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porters Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2.1 Liquid Formulation
5.2.2 Dry Formulation
5.3.1 Microbial Pesticide
5.3.2 Plant Pesticide
5.3.3 Biochemical Pesticide
5.4 Mode of Application
5.4.1 Foliar Spray
5.4.2 Seed Treatment
5.4.3 Soil Treatment
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Competitive Landscape
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Bioworks Inc
6.3.2 Sumitomo Chemical India Pvt Ltd
6.3.3 Koppert Biological Systems India Pvt Ltd
6.3.4 Nav Agro Pvt Ltd
6.3.5 Kilpest India limited
6.3.6 Varsha Bioscience and Technology India Pvt Ltd.
6.3.7 SOM Phytopharma (India) Limited (Agri Life)
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- Bioworks Inc
- Sumitomo Chemical India Pvt Ltd
- Koppert Biological Systems India Pvt Ltd
- Nav Agro Pvt Ltd
- Kilpest India limited
- Varsha Bioscience and Technology India Pvt Ltd.
- SOM Phytopharma (India) Limited (Agri Life)