|【英語タイトル】Baby Food Packaging Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)|
The baby food packaging market has registered a CAGR of 6.95% during the forecast period, 2021-2026. With growing urbanization, the rising demand for eco-friendly packaging of the products and safety concerns among the users have become major factors, which might make the baby food packaging market grow lucratively during the forecast period.
- The developing countries across the world are witnessing rapid urbanization leading to increased disposable income and adoption of modern lifestyle. These factors have led to an increase in the expenditure on baby food products.
- Another factor boosting the need for packaging solutions is the innovations by baby food manufacturers to meet the consumers’ various needs. This has led the companies to create green, innovative, and recyclable products to replace normal packaging.
- Moreover, owing to some of the factors, like safe, reusable, hygienic, lightweight, and easy to carry, the stand-up pouches and thin wall containers are witnessing high demand. Thus, this is driving the market.
- The rising disposable income, combined with an increased number of working parents, has increased the demand for baby food, and is expected to support the growth of the market across the world.
Key Market Trends
Plastic is Expected to Hold the Largest Market Share
- Plastics are more efficient material for food packaging than other alternatives, because plastics are energy efficient to manufacture and they are also lighter than the alternative materials. For instance, just two pounds of plastic can deliver 10 gallons of a beverage, whereas, three pounds of aluminum, eight pounds of steel, or over 40 pounds of glass is needed to deliver the same amount of beverage.
- In the powder milk formula segment, the busy life of working parents has led to the launch of single-serve plastic sachets by various brands. Thus, this increases the importance toward ready nutrition products and further boosts the market growth.
- HDPE is the most widely used type of plastic packaging material. It is used to make many types of bottles and containers. Unpigmented bottles are translucent and sturdy, have good barrier properties, and are well suited for packaging of products with a shorter shelf life, such as milk.
- With the expanding infant nutrition market, it is evident that nutritional product demand, such as milk, is increasing and it is directly driving the baby food packaging market.
Asia Pacific to Witness a Significant Growth
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness high growth during the forecast period, owing to the increased use of packaged baby food products by the urban population. Additionally, with the rising disposable income of people in the emerging economies and their busy lifestyles, there is a significant growth in the market in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Moreover, in the Asia-Pacific region, China is expected to have the highest share in the baby food packaging market, followed by Japan and India. The increasing awareness of consumers regarding the nutritional benefits of packaged baby food products is expected to drive the growth of the market.
- Additionally, the increased demand for convenient baby edible products due to the increasing number of working women is predicted to drive the growth of the market studied.
The baby food packaging market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of many domestic and international players. The market is fragmented with the players competing in terms of price, product design, product innovation, etc. Some of the major players in the market are Ardagh Group, Amcor Ltd, Mondi Group, and Sonoco, among others.
- May 2019 – Sonoco, one of the most sustainable and diversified global packaging companies, signed a definitive agreement worth approximately USD 110 million, to acquire Corenso Holdings America, a leading US manufacturer of uncoated recycled paperboard (URB) and high-performance cores used in the paper, packaging films, tape, and specialty industries.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Rapid Urbanization Coupled with Busy Lifestyle
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Rising Concerns over Eco-friendly Products
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Material
5.2 By Package Type
5.2.2 Metal Cans
5.3 By Product
5.3.1 Liquid Milk Formula
5.3.2 Dried Baby Food
5.3.3 Powder Milk Formula
5.3.4 Prepared Baby Food
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Ardagh Group
6.1.2 Amcor PLC
6.1.3 Mondi Group
6.1.4 RPC Group
6.1.5 Winpak Ltd
6.1.7 Silgan Holdings Inc.
6.1.8 Tetra Laval
6.1.9 DS Smith PLC
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS